Friday, October 21, 2011

DIY Jewelry Display

During one of my first introductions to TJ Maxx on our Illinois trip, I picked up a bunch of stuff for the apartment since we had a bunch of basic things we needed.  Among my finds was the softest bath mat I've ever met.  I seriously could have rubbed my face on this forever, but that's beside the point.  I also picked up a cheap slack rack for all my work pants, which are doing nothing but occupying closet space at this point.  After a fun filled trip, we came home from Illinois and promptly forgot all of our TJ Maxx goodies and my shoes.

Thankfully, we got it all back in the mail a few days later, but the slack rack was a bit worse for the wear.  The hanger part of the rack was missing and thus wasn't going to do well holding slacks so I put it off to the side (okay really it sat in the middle of the living room) while I debated what to do with it.

I've seen a bunch of jewelry holders using chicken wire stretched across a picture frame and had been considering making something like that for a while, so I decided to turn the broken rack into a jewelry display.  The best part is that it works well for rings, earrings, and necklaces, which the others I've seen didn't.

I'm thinking about cutting off the purple foam and maybe spray painting it, but for now, it works great!


No comments:

Post a Comment