Monday, January 16, 2012

Wellington

It's been several weeks since we transitioned from a one car to a two car family and my main reaction has been one of an overwhelming sense of freedom.

Even though I went a year without driving in Saudi Arabia, anything we needed to get to on campus was a short walk, bike ride, or bus trip away.  I could hop on my bike and get to class in just a few minutes.

A dinner out or a movie was a nice walk (in the winter) but after Steve started his new job here in August all of my trips had to fit in after work or on the weekends.  There were a few times I debated walking, but really nothing is close enough to walk to in a few minutes though we are surrounded by a lot of great shopping options.

Now with my own car (Wellington by the way) I can go anywhere, anytime regardless of anybody's schedule.

pure freedom

No comments:

Post a Comment