Sunday, February 6, 2011

A Christmas Miracle!

Remember back in December when we were leaving for Athens and we told you how disappointed we were that we hadn't gotten mail?  I guess the mail deities wanted to give us a little Christmas in February because today we got not one, but two Christmas packages in the mail today!

Sure it was a little beat up, but hey showing up is half the battle here!  It took 48 and 56 days for the two packages to wander over from the US.

Honestly, after it flooded in Jeddah a few weeks ago, I gave up all hope of seeing them.  I figured they had floated away into the desert.


I don't know what we're going to do with Christmas decorations in February, but since I've been working on some Valentine's Day crafts, maybe I'll try and work them in somehow.  At least the color scheme works in our favor.  I also can't wait to use the cookie cutters.  It's one of the many cooking and baking tools I haven't been able to find on campus or in Jeddah, so we're going to have to make some Christmas shaped cookies soon.

We also got this great family calendar from my uncle, with the photos taken by my little sister.  And aren't those snowmen just too cute!

Now that we're all full up on Christmas, you'll have to stay tuned to see how we meld it together with a little bit of Valentine's Day, which in case you didn't know, is illegal here in Saudi land.  Oddly, or not, the government/religion goes so far as to ban the color red.

I always knew we were fugitives at heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment