Monday, February 28, 2011

Tutoring & Another Job Possibility

Hi everybody!

I thought I would just give a little update on my life over here. I recently started tutoring an adorable seven year old girl, and I hope to add a few more kids in the future. She is very bright and talkative, she just needs a little help building confidence in herself. She is a little behind in her studies because she has moved round a few times and the curricula are different.

While we were reading the other day, I discovered that we had picked up a book by one of my favorite authors for children: Jon Scieska. He's the author of the books The Stinky Cheese Man and The Real Story of the Three Little Pigs. Abby and I loved these books as kids. The book we read was Cowboy and Octopus. It wasn't as good as Math Curse, but it was still very funny.

Also, on the campout near Ta'if I met a fellow who works at Saudi Oger here on campus, and he wanted to talk to me about some work he might have for me to do. I will try giving Oger another shot, I hope this time will work out better than the last.

No comments:

Post a Comment