Thursday, December 1, 2011

Black Friday

After last year when Thanksgiving was a strange celebration and Black Friday was non-existent, I found the madness surrounding Black Friday to be completely ridiculous.  I cannot believe that stores opened as early as 9 and 10 pm on Thanksgiving Day; it just seems so wrong.  Either way, I hadn't planned on doing any shopping on Black Friday, but then I ran out of quilt binding on Wednesday. Then Steve decided he needed a few long sleeve shirts for work and Kohl's happened to bless my mailbox with a coupon.  So after I rolled out of bed around 11 am, we ventured out and hit up some stores because there was no way I was going to face any of those crazy early lines.

Overall shopping was surprisingly calm, and we only got a few things beyond what was planned.  We ended up getting some Christmas decor at Joann's because they had everything 50-60% off, and I scored a great deal on a set of Wilton holiday cookie cutters!  I got 40 cutters for eight smackaroos!  After growing up with Mom's big red box of cookie cutters, I decided it was time for me to get my own, and hopefully I'll make some cookies in the next week or so.

The craziest crowds were definitely at Wal-Mart, but that's because there were just lots of people milling around shopping.  Steve even managed to get the new Zelda game for their doorbuster price even though we got there so late in the day.

Despite getting quilt binding last week, my quilt came to a screeching halt when I ran out of thread.  Sad panda, but hopefully I should be finished this week and will be able to show off the finished quilt!

What did you guys score for Black Friday or did you stay home away from the madness?

No comments:

Post a Comment