Sunday, February 20, 2011

Prescription Posture

It's been awhile since I've talked about my ability to sit, so I thought an update was in order.  After end of semester projects and finals, I was certainly having much more trouble sitting for extended periods.  Winter break was much better because we didn't really spend much time sitting while we traveled in Athens.

However, when WEP started, I ended up having up to 6-7 hours of courses to sit through especially at the beginning of the program.  After about 2 or 3 days of this, I just couldn't stand it and ended up going back to the doctor.

Now, after muscle relaxantsanti-inflammatory, and a few weeks of physical therapy, my best hope for improvement is better posture.  I have ridiculously terrible posture, which is exacerbated during class and when I'm on the computer, so there is definitely significant room for improvement.  Most days, improving my posture does seem to help, so that's reassuring.  I still get sore some days when I'm in class a lot or on the computer working for extended periods, but hopefully it'll get better soon, or it's back to the doctor again.

Have I mentioned how awesome our health insurance is here?

(photo source)

No comments:

Post a Comment