Sunday, March 6, 2011

Tasty Treats

One of the benefits of an international student body is great exposure to a wide variety of delicious treats we've never even heard of!

We were just recently exposed to some fantastic Brazilian dessert treats, and I thought I'd share my favorite one with you, because it looks easy enough to repeat on a much too frequent basis!

The pink arrow is pointing to the brigadeiros and the purple arrow is pointing to another super tasty dessert I loved, but I don't remember it's name.

Recipe modified from Maria Brazil to suit what I could actually cook with.

Brazilian Brigadeiros

1 can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 stick of butter or margarine
2 heaping Tbsp of Hershey's Cocoa.

In a heavy saucepan mix chocolate with condensed milk and add the margarine. Cook in low heat stirring constantly until you can see the bottom of the pan. Continue to stir for another two minutes. Pour onto a plate and let cool completely before you form the little balls. Butter your hands slightly to form the little balls. Roll the balls in chocolate sprinkles and put them in small paper cups.


I've got to say, I like the furnishings much better in these apartments.  The blue walls and white/tan furniture looks really sharp.  Plus it seems more comfortable.


On our way to the party, we walked past the stairway to nowhere.  It's been like this since we got to campus, and kind of looks a bit silly don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment