Friday, February 17, 2012

Jersey Knit Headband

To go along with the jersey bracelets I made ages ago, I made a cute 5 strand braided jersey headband to go along with them!

I used the tutorial from make it and love it.  I had to go through the steps to do the 5 strand braiding several times before I got the hang of it, but the pictures in the tutorial make it pretty easy to figure out if, like me, you haven't done it before.

Another tip for anyone who might want to try this out: I found the tucking the top of the braid under my sewing machine helpful because that held it very firmly in place.  I had to tug and poke a bit to get the braid to be even throughout the length, but using my sewing machine as a paper weight meant it didn't pull out at all.


This headband is especially useful now that my hair is so short!

2 comments:

  1. you should make me one of these. just sayin... (since im assuming you don't want to buy me the adobe creative suite for my birthday..)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can have the brown one I made, and I think I've got enough teal and blue fabric to make a couple more if you wanted.

      Delete